There will be a BIG bicentennial celebration in Baton Rouge Louisiana this Saturday, April 28th. The main event will be in Capitol Park, where entertainment, food, art and more will be presented from 11 am through 4 pm. The focus of this fabulous Baton Rouge event will be Louisiana and all of the unique customs and traditions from each of the state’s diverse regions. To top it all of the birthday celebration is free, offering a great opportunity to everyone to learn more about Baton Rouge and the entire state of Louisiana.
The Bicentennial Family Homecoming Celebration showcases what makes our state special and unique. If you are in Baton Rouge this weekend make sure you take part in Louisiana’s 200th birthday party!
Here is a rundown of the events being held at Capitol Park in Downtown Baton Rouge:
- 11 a.m. Sportsman’s Paradise presents Monty Russell Main Stage
- 11 a.m. Crossroads cooks Tamales Cooking Demonstration Area
- 12 p.m. New Orleans presents Christian Serpas Main Stage
- 12 p.m. Plantation Country cooks Jambalaya Cooking Demonstration Area
- 1 p.m. Cajun Country presents Chubby Carrier and The Bayou Swamp Band Main Stage
- 1 p.m. Sportsman’s Paradise cooks Pork Rinds, Tuna Tartare and Pickled Peach Sauce Cooking Demonstration Area
- 2 p.m. Crossroads presents Sylvia Johns Ritchie. Main Stage
- 2 p.m. New Orleans cooks deep fried king cake Cooking Demonstration Area
- 3 p.m. Plantation Country Presents The Fabulous Bagasse Boyz Main Stage
- 3 p.m. Cajun Country cooks Crawfish Étoutfée Cooking Demonstration Area
- 3: 20 p.m. Plantation Country present Judy Davis
For more information on the Louisiana Bicentennial visit http://www.louisianabicentennial2012.com/.
Call Glenda Daughety and her Team today, (225)-205-2672, for the best in Baton Rouge Real Estate knowledge and service!